Dizziness or headache is an obsession of many people. However, with just a few simple yoga exercises, you can completely say goodbye to this condition. Let’s find out with easyhealthylive.com about effective vertigo-supportive yoga exercises below.
Causes of dizziness
Dizziness is a disorder associated with disturbances in the sense of balance in the brain. This is where the body’s movements and inner ear are directed.
Often, the cause of vertigo is a deficiency or decrease in blood flow to the ear, a buildup of calcium or fluid, or even a viral invasion. Even a simple virus that causes a cold or flu can attack the inner ear and the nerves connected to the brain, causing dizziness.
Other head injuries can also cause hearing loss, nausea, and dizziness. In addition, a certain tumor or hardening of the arteries can also have a negative effect on your ability to balance.
How can yoga treat dizziness?
Some yoga poses will have a good effect on the nervous system, making them stronger. These postures also help the balance system work in the ear to work better, improving the ability to focus.
In addition, performing yoga poses is a way to support the activities of the sympathetic nervous system, thereby working more smoothly, increasing circulation in the head and the rest of the body.
Yoga poses to help cure dizziness in an instant
1. Svastikasana – meditation pose
Meditation poses help you improve the flexibility of your back and hip muscles, and also help relieve pain and fatigue when you are dizzy.
Meditation posture helps relieve fatigue when dizzy
- Sit up straight, legs crossed so that the right foot touches the left thigh and vice versa
- Keep your back and upper body straight and, if necessary, adjust your hips and buttocks to ensure a straight back.
- Place your hands on top of your knees and hold your posture
- Regulate your breathing and relax
2. Supported headstand (banana tree planting)
The banana tree pose helps you to immediately increase blood flow to the brain. Blood will bring oxygen and nutrients to this part, helping to detoxify and soothe it, thereby reducing dizziness. This pose is very good for the nervous system.
This pose helps increase blood flow to the brain immediately
- Sit with your knees bent and touch the floor, then place your hands on the floor with your hands clasped together
- Open 2 elbows shoulder-width apart, then slowly lower the top of your head to touch the floor in the position of your hands
- Inhale and keep your knees straight, step your feet forward, then exhale and lift your feet off the floor
- Try to balance and get your feet off the floor. Slowly perform and hold the pose for a few seconds, then relax your body
3. Corpse yoga pose
This is an easy pose, but it is also one of the most difficult yoga poses in terms of training the mind. Corpse pose is performed after each session to help deep heal and completely relax your body. The practitioner can also practice this pose whenever you feel tired and dizzy.
This is a very high mind training pose
- Lie flat on the floor, without using any pillows or cushions, close your eyes
- Place your feet some distance apart, making sure you’re comfortable at all times. The toes are completely relaxed
- Arms are placed along the body, palms open up
- Slowly shift your attention to all parts of your body, starting from your toes upwards, all the way to the top of your head.
- Breathe slowly, deeply. This will help you relax completely. Focus your whole body and forget about other tasks. And don’t fall asleep
- For 10-12 minutes, when your body feels relaxed and refreshed, turn over to one side, hold that position for 1 minute and sit up.
- Take a deep breath and begin to be aware of your surroundings before opening your eyes
4. Plow pose
Plow pose helps to stretch the muscles in the neck, shoulders and back, relieves stress, calms the mind, balances emotions, thereby limiting dizziness.
This pose is very effective against dizziness
- Lie flat on the mat or the floor with your arms stretched out by your sides
- Take a deep breath, use your hands as the main force, and slowly raise your body up with your feet up to the sky
- When you are just starting to get used to this movement, you can use your hands to help raise your body as high as possible
- Try to push your feet high above your head to touch the ground. Hold the pose for 10-20 seconds.
- Breathe steadily and then gently bring your body back to its original state
If not, the imbalance is not too serious, you can refer to the yoga exercises to treat dizziness above. To improve the effectiveness of your practice, you will need a personal trainer to advise you on the right yoga poses for you.
Notes when people with dizziness practice yoga
Not only people with vertigo, anyone who practices yoga must master the principles of breathing when practicing this subject. You need to practice breathing correctly, use your mind to lead the qi to follow the meridians from the bottom of the feet to the top of the head, …
If done improperly and synchronously, breathing is not suitable for the movements, it will certainly not bring any effect to health but can also affect the nervous system, leading to depression, causing depression. symptoms of dizziness and dizziness are more frequent and difficult to recover.
Add enough water
The second note is to drink a lot of water during the day (from 2 to 3 liters), because water helps to clean the entire inside of the body, not just the digestive tract. Drinking enough water facilitates better blood circulation, helps mental clarity and improves dizziness.
You can drink mineral water or green tea, fruit juice, fresh milk, soy milk or fresh fruit juice. You should limit drinking stimulant drinks, carbonated water or alcohol.
Eat nutritious food
Absolutely do not eat or eat through speakers, yoga is also a form of exercise, burning a lot of energy. The lack of nutrients also directly makes you dizzy.
It is also advisable to add to the menu animal products such as fish, milk, butter, eggs, etc. in a reasonable manner. Do not eat a lot of products rich in protein, indigestible fat, causing a feeling of stagnation for the body such as viscera, fatty meat …
Pay attention to your posture when exercising
When practicing, get out of upside down positions slowly. Because vertigo can cause you to have an accident or injury if you change your position suddenly while exercising.
If you have high blood pressure or heart disease, you should only hold vigorous standing or prone positions for short periods of time. Also, for high blood pressure, line your arms under your head.
5 Yoga Asanas To Cure Vertigo https://doctor.ndtv.com/living-healthy/5-yoga-asanas-to-cure-vertigo-1935164 Accessed date: 21/03/2020
7 Comforting Yoga Asanas That Will Help You Deal With Vertigo https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/effective-yoga-asanas-to-treat-vertigo/ Accessed date: March 21, 2020
John Alen was born in 1971 and is a doctor in the healthcare and psychology fields with many years of experience. He is currently working at easyhealthylive.com, a leading health and psychology blog. Having studied at Y1 National Medical University named after IM Sechenov, John Alen is using his knowledge and experience to help improve the physical and mental health of people in the United States.