Acne scars form and persist on the skin partly due to the influence of diet. If you actively consume foods that are good for the skin, acne can be quickly improved, and conversely, using harmful foods can make acne scars worse. So what should you eat to quickly get rid of acne scars?
What to eat to quickly get rid of acne scars?
Dermatologists advise that a suitable diet can improve the condition of scars caused by acne. So what foods should you eat to get rid of acne scars quickly? Below are some foods that should not be missed if you want to have smooth, acne-free, and even-toned skin.
Foods rich in vitamins
Vitamins are essential micro-nutrients for health and bring effective benefits to improving the skin’s appearance. Vitamins can support cell function and remove bad cells that cause skin discoloration. When the body is provided with enough vitamins, it will help the skin become healthier, improving acne and scars effectively. Foods that contain a lot of vitamins are as follows:
- Vitamin A: It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and UV protection properties. Foods rich in this vitamin include oranges, carrots, cabbage, garlic, and eggs.
- Vitamin D: It stimulates cell growth and improves skin tone, thereby reducing acne scars effectively. Foods high in vitamin D include salmon, milk, tofu, and leafy greens.
- Vitamin C: It brightens the skin and improves skin pigmentation. You should increase consumption of bell peppers, grapefruit, potatoes, and spinach to supplement this nutrient for the body. V
- Vitamin K: It speeds up the healing process of acne-related injuries and reduces the risk of scarring. Foods rich in this vitamin include tomatoes, bananas, pumpkins, and avocados.
- Vitamin E: It helps prevent the harmful effects of UV rays, prevents dark spots on the skin, and reduces skin aging. Foods rich in vitamin E include asparagus, shrimp, almonds, peanuts, and broccoli.
Foods rich in collagen
Collagen is a natural protein that slows down the aging process of the skin, keeping it radiant and youthful. It also helps heal skin injuries, blur scars, fade dark spots, and regenerate new skin cells.
You should increase consumption of foods rich in collagen such as pork skin, red beans, white beans, salmon, watercress, tomatoes, and broccoli.
Foods with antioxidants
Antioxidants can be found in certain foods that help limit the negative impact on the skin caused by the environment. This food group not only prevents acne but also accelerates the healing process of wounds and reduces dark spots on the skin.
Typical foods containing antioxidants include oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and artichokes…
Foods rich in zinc for treating dark spots
This is the perfect answer to the question of what to eat to reduce acne scars. Zinc is a component that can bring many benefits to the skin, especially in repairing damage caused by acne and regenerating new skin cells. Therefore, dark spots are less likely to appear on the skin.
Good sources of zinc for those with acne-prone skin include tofu, oysters, chicken, milk, various grains, and peanuts…
Foods rich in Omega 3
This food group can help control oil on the skin, regulate hormones, and reduce acne effectively. In addition, Omega 3 also has strong anti-inflammatory properties and can fade acne scars on the skin. Foods rich in Omega 3 include: Salmon, tuna, walnuts, almonds…
What to avoid for people with acne scars?
In addition to the foods that should be added to your diet to reduce the appearance of acne scars, you should also limit the following foods to prevent further damage to your skin:
Foods high in oils and fats
Foods high in oils and fats are not good for your health and can hinder the process of reducing acne scars. To improve your skin’s health and appearance, you should avoid fried foods, fast foods, and grilled foods.
Sweets and desserts
Sweets and desserts, including cakes, candies, chocolates, bubble tea, and carbonated drinks, contain too much sugar that can speed up the aging process of the skin, promote the development of acne, and make acne scars more difficult to treat.
Spicy foods with a lot of spices should be limited in your daily diet, especially when you are treating acne scars. These foods can stimulate more acne, cause darkening of acne scars, and make them difficult to control.
Starchy foods can cause a spike in insulin levels in your blood, creating conditions for the rapid development and spread of acne. Therefore, you should limit starchy foods in your daily diet.
Note when having acne scars
Choosing healthy foods for the skin is very important. However, in addition, you also need to note some issues while eating as follows:
- Maintain washing your face with appropriate facial cleanser twice a day and exfoliate twice a week.
- You should not stay up late and avoid prolonged stress that makes severe acne worse.
- Use a medical mask when going out and apply sunscreen daily.
- When the acne condition is severe, you need to see a dermatologist for proper treatment.
- Absolutely do not squeeze acne or apply home treatments without advice from a doctor.
What to eat to get rid of acne scars and what foods to avoid is a very important issue that can determine the effectiveness of acne treatment. Therefore, you need to carefully develop a menu that ensures both nutrition for the body and supports effective scar treatment.
John Alen was born in 1971 and is a doctor in the healthcare and psychology fields with many years of experience. He is currently working at easyhealthylive.com, a leading health and psychology blog. Having studied at Y1 National Medical University named after IM Sechenov, John Alen is using his knowledge and experience to help improve the physical and mental health of people in the United States.