Perimenopause is a turning point in every woman’s life. With the changes taking place in the body, during this time, you need to pay attention to supplement your knowledge about how to take care of your body and What should premenopausal women eat? to help you achieve the best health and mental state.
What is perimenopause in women?
Perimenopause is a normal physiological phenomenon, occurring at the time a woman enters the age range of 40 to 52. During this age, the trio of female hormones in the female body, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone, have a change. significant disturbances and reductions cause marked changes. Menopause includes the period before, during, and after menopause.
In summary, perimenopause is a natural phenomenon caused by hormonal changes in the body, however, there are some cases that occur due to surgical removal of the ovaries for medical reasons or radiation therapy. .
Common perimenopause symptoms in women
- Menstrual changes: Normally, when women enter menopause, the menstrual cycle can extend from 1 month to 1 and a half to 2 months, even up to 3 months in some people. Besides, the amount of blood is also less than before.
- Changes in skin and hair Due to the influence of hormonal changes, women’s skin when entering perimenopause will become thinner, less elastic, drier and appear wrinkles. Not only that, the hair also gradually loses pigment, begins to change color and is more prone to breakage.
- Vaginal dryness: In the female body, estrogen plays a role in the secretion of sebum to lubricate during sex. However, with the disturbance and decrease of estrogen, the vagina will appear dry and reduce libido. Not only that, the sudden drop in estrogen levels in the body also causes urinary tract or vaginal infections, causing urinary incontinence.
- Or hot flashes, sweating: Most women, when entering perimenopause, if they do not apply a menu for What should premenopausal women eat? and proper body care often appear hot flashes and sweating, especially at night.
- Risk of cardiovascular and joint diseases: Another role of estrogen is to protect the heart, prevent atherosclerosis, and prevent osteoporosis. Therefore, postmenopausal women often face the risk of cardiovascular diseases, blood pressure and bone and joint diseases.
What should premenopausal women eat?
To know What should premenopausal women take?, we need to identify the essential nutrients and groups of substances to build a reasonable menu. According to nutritionists, the necessary foods for premenopausal women include:
Green vegetables, fresh fruits and especially cruciferous vegetables
Vegetables such as kale, broccoli, cabbage, and some cruciferous vegetables in general contain the compound Diindolylmethane (DIM) with its ability to cool the liver, reduce cancer risk, and support balance. estrogen in the body.
In whole grains such as soybeans, chickpeas, … contain a lot of calcium, vitamin D and other nutrients good for health, help support estrogen balance and help minimize the symptoms of osteoporosis during periods Premenopausal.
With the content of fatty acids such as Omega 3, 6, 9 tall, fish dishes are very good for everyone’s health, especially premenopausal women. They work to maintain hormone levels in the blood and help produce enough testosterone to effectively balance estrogen.
Thanks to Flavonoid nutrients that stimulate the production of female hormones in tomatoes, using tomatoes in daily meals or drinking tomato juice will help women significantly improve the symptoms of menopause. perimenopause.
In addition to beautifying skin and hair, oranges contain a lot of vitamin C, which helps stimulate the production of new estrogen for the body. When estrogen is brought back into balance, you will find your body in a better state and full of vitality. Therefore, oranges or orange juice are always on the recommended list of experts when asked “What should premenopausal women eat?“.
With the ability to protect the heart and reduce cholesterol, soybeans or bean products are one of the foods that are very useful for middle-aged women.
In addition, you can also learn and use some products such as Aktiv Meno of the brand Doppelherz number 1 in Germany. With an innovative formula that combines Soybean essence (Soja-Isoflavones) and high levels of calcium and other vitamins to help promote health and reduce symptoms of perimenopause. The way to use Aktiv Meno is very simple, 01 tablet per day, taken only once.
What should premenopausal women not eat?
Alcohol and stimulants:
These drinks will affect the body’s nervous system in general and cause hot flashes, headaches, night sweats, and increased anxiety levels in menopausal women.
This is the main cause of hot flashes at night, so women in general need to avoid these foods.
Consuming too much fatty food will cause excess energy, cause fat accumulation, which is not good for health.
High sodium content in processed foods will cause the body to retain water, creating an uncomfortable condition and prone to bloating.
Foods high in salt:
Consuming too much salt will increase the risk of high blood pressure and stroke, especially in postmenopausal women.
When entering perimenopause, a balanced daily diet is extremely important to help women have the best body and mental health. We hope that the information we provide can help you build the most scientific menu for yourself.
John Alen was born in 1971 and is a doctor in the healthcare and psychology fields with many years of experience. He is currently working at easyhealthylive.com, a leading health and psychology blog. Having studied at Y1 National Medical University named after IM Sechenov, John Alen is using his knowledge and experience to help improve the physical and mental health of people in the United States.