Humpbacked This is a very common situation nowadays. Although it does not affect your health much, you should still find a way fix hunchback to improve appearance and confidence. In this article Ocany will provide the causes and Anti-hunchback exercises effective.
What is a hunchback?
Humpbacked considered by experts to be scoliosis, which occurs due to an overgrowth or abnormality of the spine that results in a backward curvature of the spine.
To diagnose hunchback, you can rely on external features such as: cervical spine and sacrum are concave in, spine in the thoracic position and thoracic convex protrusion. From there from the outside we can see The spine is curved, making the back look like a shrimp, so many people call it humpbacked shrimp back.
Humpbacked makes our gait less confident, causing loss of aesthetics. Along with that, the patient often suffers from back pain. In the long term, this condition will increase pressure on the lungs, affect the digestive system, and reduce the physical function of the spine.
Causes of hunchback
A normal spine development, the cervical and lumbar spine will be in a forward flexion position, and the upper back spine will curve slightly backward. Humpback is a common disease in the developing age, especially in children. There are also many other causes of this condition, such as:
- Birth defects or inherited genes: According to research, about 11% of people have parents humpback there is a chance that this disease will be inherited. In addition, spinal malformations in the womb or spina bifida are also causes of kyphosis.
- Living habits: People who often carry heavy objects on their backs, children who sit in the wrong posture for a long time, obese people, office workers, sedentary students who sit at computers a lot are also common subjects. humpbacked.
- Related diseases: humpbacked can stem from a number of diseases such as degenerative disc disease, fracture of the spine, osteoporosis, tumors in the spine, scheuermann’s disease, tuberculosis of the spine, rickets, spinal infections, arthritis, etc.
Why is it important to treat hunchback as soon as possible?
When you notice the signs of hunchback disease, you should look for how to cure hunchback as soon as possible. Because this situation lasts long will bring consequences such as:
- The stooped gait makes the patient feel confident and guilty in daily communication;
- Difficulty in movement, frequent back pain;
- Affects respiratory function because the curvature of the spine is located at the position of the 2 lungs. Thereby causing the lungs to reduce the area of air storage, making it easy for the patient to breathe;
- Affects the digestive system because the stomach and esophagus are tilted forward according to the curve of the spine, leading to the formation of strange folds, the patient is more prone to acid reflux and more difficult to swallow food.
12 simple exercises to cure hunchback can be done at home
Researchers have proven that Exercises to train strong back muscles can help overcome hunchback. Currently on the Internet there are many exercises to cure hunchback. However, the number of exercises that are highly appreciated for their effectiveness and simplicity is not much. Here is a comprehensive list of 12 healing exercises humpback treatment Effective and can be practiced at home.
Exercise #1 – Reflections
This exercise has the effect of curing the hunchback condition with movements opposite to the patient’s posture.
- Stand upright or lean against a wall
- Pick up the handle and tilt your head back
- Raise your chest forward, push your shoulders back to form a standing position that is in line with the physiological curve of the spine.
- Try to hold the position for 30 to 60 seconds and then return to the starting position.
Note: if you feel pain, stop exercising.
Exercise #2 – Head down, neck back
You can call this a head-collecting exercise or a neck-retracting exercise. This exercise is effective for cases humpbacked due to weakness or excessive strain of the neck muscles.
- Lie comfortably on the floor, pulling the handle towards your chest to form a retracted neck position
- Hold the neck retraction position for 15 seconds and then return the grip to the original position
- Repeat this movement for 5 to 10 times.
Exercise #3 – Superman
This exercise is called superman because it simulates superman’s flying posture. This is one of the exercises that are highly appreciated for its healing effect humpbacked.
- Lie on your stomach, stretch your arms forward over your head
- Raise your arms and legs up towards the ceiling. Try to lift your chest off the floor.
- Hold the superman pose for 3 seconds and then return to the original position
- Repeat the exercise as many times as you want.
Exercise #4 – Stretch your neck muscles
As the name suggests, the goal of this exercise is to stretch the muscle groups in the neck and shoulder area. Thereby helping to limit stress, fatigue and humpbacked effective. This exercise is suitable for office people who sit for a long time with computers.
- Start in a comfortable standing or sitting position on the mat, keeping your back straight
- Place your left hand over your head, touching your right ear, and your other hand on your right shoulder.
- Then tilt your head to the right, stretch slightly
- Hold the neck stretch position for 10-15 seconds and then slowly release to return to the original position.
- Repeat the movement about 5 to 10 times then stop.
Exercise #5 – Rolling the thoracic spine
To perform this exercise you need a foam roller placed under your back.
- Lie on your back on the floor with the roller placed under your back in the middle of your back
- Gently move the roller to massage the back muscles and thoracic spine
- While rolling, keep your hands behind your head, and raise your arms freely.
- Do the movement for at least 30 seconds.
Exercise #6 – Stretching
Most of the stretching exercises on this list work to strengthen the back and chest muscles.
- Stand straight with your knees relaxed, drawn into your body, chest kept straight, shoulder blades pushed back and down.
- Raise your arms above your head to form a Y-shape with your thumbs pointing back.
- Stay in this position for 2-3 breaths, paying attention to your breath and body.
Exercise #7 – Stretch hips and back muscles
Maintaining this exercise will help reduce pressure on the upper back, help relax the spine, reduce low back pain. Thanks to that, it helps to improve the condition humpbacked effective.
- Lie on your stomach on the mat, interlock your hands and slowly pull them back
- Squeeze your abs and press firmly into the floor to lift your head, arms, and legs up into a straight stretch.
- Hold this stretch position for 10 seconds and then return to the original position.
- Perform the movement as directed 10 times continuously.
Exercise #8 – Bridge Pose
The bridge pose in yoga is very good for people with back pain, humpbacked. It has the effect of stretching the lower back muscles, the spine, relaxing the nerves, which is very good for the body and mind.
- Lie on your back on the mat, bend your knees close to your buttocks so that your heels are about 10cm away from your buttocks.
- Press your feet into the floor and shoulders into the floor, lifting your hips and back up into a bridge pose.
- Hold the pose for about 5 seconds and then lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement 10 times and maintain regular practice at least 3 times / week.
Exercise #9 – Cat Pose
The cat pose is very familiar to yogis. The main benefit of this exercise is to help increase the elasticity and expand the spine to overcome the dislocation and imbalance of the spine. From there, support treatment humpbacked effective.
- Keeping your knees and hands on the mat, extend your feet straight back.
- Inhale, lower the bottom of the waist, open the chest and raise the face, close the eyes.
- Exhale, roll each back vertebrae starting from the buttocks, chin close to the chest so that the back forms a natural curve.
- Repeat as directed. Maintain this exercise for about 10 minutes a day, you will feel the spine health change markedly.
Exercise No. 10 – Stretching Pose
To improve the situation humpbacked, you need to choose exercises that help strengthen the muscle group in the back and chest. Stretching will help correct the misalignment of the spine, returning them to their normal growth position.
- Stand with your back straight, push your chest forward, and align your shoulders.
- Extend your arms straight over your head, grab them, and pull them back.
- Hold this stretch for 2-3 breaths before returning to the starting position.
Exercise #11 – Anterior pectoral extension
- Lie on your back on a foam roller, bend your knees so that your feet touch the ground, and spread your arms horizontally.
- Hold 1 dumbbell in each hand with a weight appropriate for your ability.
- Hold the dumbbell straight for 20 seconds, then release
- Repeat the movement about 3-5 times.
Exercise 12 – Strengthening the upper back muscle group
To perform this exercise you need to prepare a yoga ball and 2 small dumbbells. If you are a newbie, ask for the help of a coach for technical support.
- Lie on your stomach on the ball, with 2 knees on the floor, 2 hands holding 2 small dumbbells.
- Raise your head, arms extended straight to the side, inhale.
- Exhale, bend your arms perpendicular to the floor, lowering your arms and neck.
- Repeat the movement about 10 to 15 times or depending on your ability.
Note when performing exercises to cure hunchback at home
The above list of exercises is very helpful in supporting the treatment of the condition humpbacked. However, to get the best results, patients need to pay attention to a few things such as:
- When changing positions, always try to keep your back straight
- Refer to the types of anti-hunchback belts with cases of sitting a lot
- Should choose chairs with backrests to avoid back fatigue and can lean back to rest.
- Avoid carrying heavy items.
- Build a nutritious diet, pay special attention to vitamins and calcium to improve the bone and joint system.
- If you don’t see improvement after doing these exercises, see your doctor for the right treatment.
You can completely prevent disease humpbacked by practicing and adjusting standing and sitting postures. However, the level of effectiveness that exercises bring depends on the subject. Children with soft bones will more easily adjust the spinal structure to the correct position than adults.
John Alen was born in 1971 and is a doctor in the healthcare and psychology fields with many years of experience. He is currently working at easyhealthylive.com, a leading health and psychology blog. Having studied at Y1 National Medical University named after IM Sechenov, John Alen is using his knowledge and experience to help improve the physical and mental health of people in the United States.