Autism treatment with traditional medicine is considered for children aged 2-6 years. The applied methods are usually hydro-acupuncture, electro-acupuncture, thread implantation, etc. to stimulate acupuncture points and regulate organs in the body.
Treating autism with traditional medicine is effective?
Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder that begins early in life. Due to neurological defects, children with this disorder often have deficits in many aspects such as language, thinking, abnormal behavior and poor social interaction. The risk is higher in boys, and the total number of cases has been on the rise in recent years.
To date, the cause of autism is still unknown. Therefore, the process of rehabilitation and intervention still faces many difficulties. Symptoms of autism have a very early onset (most are before age 3 years) with varying degrees of severity. Although there is no definitive treatment, children with autism can learn and settle down with early intervention.
Neurodevelopmental disorders in general and autism in particular have a comprehensive impact on functions. Therefore, there is no optimal method of intervention for autism syndrome. The intervention process must be flexible to change depending on the severity of the disease, age and response ability of each child.
Currently, in addition to methods from modern medicine, some medical facilities have begun to implement autism treatment with traditional medicine. This method resulted in marked improvement in reducing symptoms related to behavior, impaired communication and social interaction. Acupressure therapies such as thread implantation, acupressure massage, hydro-acupuncture, electro-acupuncture, etc., are evaluated to bring positive results in the treatment of autism spectrum disorders.
According to the concept of Oriental medicine, autism belongs to pediatric seven decades. Oriental medicine believes that autism is caused by damage to the viscera and meridians, thereby affecting the function of the organs and weakening the primary qi. Applying methods that affect meridians and acupoints can restore nerve function, thereby helping to regulate motor ability, smell, touch, mimic properties, and regulate organs in the body. body.
Typically, children with autism will be treated with a course of 3-5 sessions per year and each session lasts from 30 to 40 days. Children will be acupuncture, implanted at the hospital. In addition, the doctor will also guide the family on how to massage acupressure at home to support the treatment process.
Autism treatment with traditional medicine methods is effective in children from 2 to 6 years old. The younger the child, the better the response and the marked remission of symptoms. Through the treatments that have been performed, doctors have found that this method helps to improve sleep disorders, children have reflexes when urinating and know the reflex to be called.
Note when treating autism with traditional medicine
Autism has very diverse manifestations with different degrees in each child. In the context of an increasing prevalence of autism, new treatment methods are being researched to help children improve function and stabilize life.
When treating children with autism with traditional medicine, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Autism is an early-onset disease, most of which appear before the age of 3 (70%). Therefore, parents should pay attention to abnormal manifestations so that children can be examined and detected early. The period 1-3 years old is considered a golden time for autism treatment. Most children with treatment intervention in this period have a good response and markedly improved function.
- Autism causes impairments in many different ways. Therefore, one method can only bring about certain improvements. In addition to the therapies from traditional medicine, parents should let their children perform more speech therapy, behavioral therapy, PECS method, etc.
- Autism treatment with traditional medicine will be carried out in a course of about 5-7 sessions. After each course of treatment, the symptoms will be markedly relieved, but the family needs to make the child complete to bring about a comprehensive improvement.
- Therapies from traditional medicine are proven to be highly effective for children aged 2-6 years. Older children may not respond to this method. Therefore, the family should let the child implement some other intervention methods to be more effective.
- Currently, there are many places that perform acupuncture and acupressure to treat autism. To ensure efficiency, families should choose reputable and reliable addresses.
- In addition to treatment methods, families need to stabilize psychologically and spiritually to be able to accompany their children. Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder, so symptoms last a lifetime. Currently, intervention methods only help improve function and reduce the effects of the disease. Therefore, family companionship will help children develop the functions and skills necessary for life.
Autism treatment with traditional medicine brings positive results. This method will be combined with speech therapy, psychotherapy, special education methods, etc. to help children improve the function of senses, communication ability and equip social skills. necessary association.