Vitamin C Supplement for young children is essential. According to Associate Professor Nguyen Tien Dung, former Head of Pediatrics Department, Bach Mai Hospital, vitamin C is a golden nutrient for the development of young children. Vitamin C helps children improve resistance, increase disease prevention, reduce the risk of bleeding and have a healing effect. However, not all parents understand it all the effect of vitamin c on children and vitamin c supplement right way. This article Doppelherz summarizes some mistakes that many parents often make when vitamin c supplement for young children
Effects of vitamin c on children
Whether you are an adult or a child, vitamin C still plays a very important role for the body. Vitamin C for kids has 2 main effects to help strengthen resistance, help the body develop healthy
- Helps strengthen resistance: vitamin C supplement help the baby’s body increase the effectiveness of antibodies; Helps strengthen resistance and immune system activity
- Helps the body stay healthy: besides, vitamin C also helps to participate in the formation of red blood cells, bone system and cell tissue of children; Helps the body absorb minerals better.
Manifestations of children when the body is deficient in vitamin C
Because vitamin C participates in many life activities and plays a very important role in the development of the body, when the baby is deficient in vitamin C, the body will have some signs and in some cases, the baby will have some symptoms. You can get some diseases like:
– Frequent gingivitis, delayed teething, bleeding gums, yellow teeth.
– Appearance of bruises on the body (even if not hit) due to bleeding under the skin.
Children often get sick, especially respiratory diseases and skin diseases.
– Easy to get hot mouth, acne.
– Wounds on the body take a long time to heal.
When noticing one of the above symptoms in a child, if the symptoms are only mild, then vitamin C supplement for children at home immediately. For more severe symptoms, parents should take the child to see a doctor for proper advice.
Some common mistakes when supplementing vitamin C for babies
- Vitamin C Supplement for children when sick: many parents only vitamin C supplement when the child is sick, when the resistance is reduced. However, in fact, vitamin C only works after 3-5 days of use. So the work vitamin C supplement It’s not right to give sick children.
- Vitamin C Supplement More is better than less: many parents notice vitamin C for kids important for your child’s health, so add as much as possible. However, vitamin C is water-soluble, so the body cannot store it. Therefore, just supplement the daily amount of C for children. Many parents should also pay attention, vitamin C supplement At too high a concentration, it sometimes has the opposite effect on the body, making children dizzy, nauseated or experiencing symptoms of abdominal pain, diarrhea…
- Orange is a fruit that contains a lot of vitamin C: when it comes to vitamin C, more than 90% of people immediately think of oranges. However, in fact, this is not the fruit containing the most C. 100 gr of oranges, contains about 53.2 mg of vitamin C, mango contains 36.4 mg of vitamin C, pineapple contains 47.8 mg of vitamin C. In particular, cherries contain a lot of vitamin C up to 1,677.6 mg of C, and are active. The rutin in cherries has the ability to help increase the strength of blood vessels, limit and prevent nosebleeds, bleeding gums and prevent bleeding under the skin.
Vitamin C Supplement Safe and effective for children
- Vitamin C Supplement regularly: Vitamin C for kids helps ensure the immune system works effectively, helps the body fight viruses and bacteria and prevents respiratory diseases, fever, colds, flu… Besides, vitamin C is also a “substance” guide” to help your baby absorb iron, calcium, and folic acid effectively, making bones strong.
- Vitamin C Supplement Right dosage: each age needs a separate vitamin content. According to nutrition experts, the recommended vitamin content for children is as follows:
- Children under 1 year old: 25 mg/day
- Children over 1 year old: 30-40 mg/day
Besides, at separate times, children have a slightly higher need for vitamin intake such as: changing weather; children studying under stress or active, hyperactive; children who rarely or are lazy to eat green vegetables and fruits; children who are stunted or obese; Children often have minor illnesses, related to respiratory diseases: fever, cough, runny nose, fatigue…
- Vitamin C Supplement nature from food sources containing a lot of C: besides oranges and sour fruits, there are many sources of C-containing foods that parents need to pay attention to supplementing for children. For example: broccoli (100 grams of broccoli contains about 89 mg of C), parsley (two tablespoons of parsley can provide 10 mg of vitamin C), …
- Vitamin C Supplement and essential minerals: in parallel with the use of foods containing vitamin C, Parents can use vitamin C supplements and other vitamins and minerals, commonly known as Multivitamins. This supplement can be in the form of an effervescent tablet, a powder, a tablet, or a liquid (syrup) form. One of the drugs that many mothers trust is Multivitamin AZ Fizz (by Doppelherz – Germany). Multivitamin AZ Fizz is suitable for children 10 years and older. With only 1 tablet of AZ Fizz, the baby’s body is provided with 21 essential vitamins and minerals: Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, RRR-α – tocopherol quivalents (Vitamin E), Folic Acid, Biotin.
John Alen was born in 1971 and is a doctor in the healthcare and psychology fields with many years of experience. He is currently working at easyhealthylive.com, a leading health and psychology blog. Having studied at Y1 National Medical University named after IM Sechenov, John Alen is using his knowledge and experience to help improve the physical and mental health of people in the United States.