Anxiety disorder is dangerous, whether it is curable is a concern of many people with this disease. The symptoms of anxiety disorder, if not controlled early, can cause a lot of consequences that directly affect the mental, physical and life of each person.
Are Anxiety Disorders Dangerous?
Anxiety disorder is a psychological disease characterized by excessive anxiety, always feeling restless, stressed, sleeping or having nightmares… A falling leaf can also make the patient startle and panic. pale face. These people’s anxiety persists even after the events or situations are over and tends to be repeated over and over again.
Currently, scientific studies have not been able to pinpoint exactly what causes these overly vague fears. However, obsessions from the past, family nature, and lack of neurotransmitters in the brain are thought to be related to the cause of anxiety disorders.
With such symptoms of anxiety, excessive stress, is an anxiety disorder dangerous? Anxiety disorder is a psychological problem and only the patient himself can understand how uncomfortable those feelings of anxiety, stress, and restlessness can be. But many people still see this as an emotional problem and think that it is not a disease, so they misjudge its danger.
Whether anxiety disorder is dangerous, the answer is yes. In fact, there are many negative mental and physical consequences related to anxiety disorders. This is also the reason why many people commit suicide because they cannot find a way out for themselves. This number is not small and is still showing signs of increasing.
To better understand the extent of anxiety disorders, let’s learn more about its consequences
- Decreasing sleep qualityPeople with excessive anxiety due to medical conditions often experience sleep disorders, insomnia, trouble sleeping, sleeping or having nightmares. This will make the patient less mentally alert the next day and aggravate the feeling of anxiety.
- Effects on blood pressure and heart rate: can clearly see, every time we feel anxious or nervous, our heart beats faster. This is because the body releases hormones such as adrenaline and cortisone that make the heart beat faster, the diameter of the blood vessels decreases while the arterial pressure increases by 30-40%. This condition, if it goes on for a long time, can increase the risk of cardiovascular problems such as heart failure, heart attack or even stroke, especially in the elderly.
- Increased problems in the digestive system: Anxiety disorder is dangerous, the answer is yes because it is the cause of digestive problems such as stomach pain, irritable bowel or other disorders. The cause is stress, anxiety, and insomnia, which increases the secretion of gastric acid, which damages the stomach. On the other hand, the intestinal tract is also considered as the “second brain” of the body, so problems in the nervous system, the brain also affect the intestinal tract through the gut-brain axis.
- Affect relationships: Excessive anxiety makes some people tend to avoid going out, avoiding relationships, especially patients with generalized anxiety disorder. This affects the relationships around, making the patient feel lonely, isolated, with no one to share, so it is easier to make the symptoms more severe.
- Lack of social skills: many people tend to avoid their anxiety by not going out, not interacting with anyone, just staying in a safe circle. This causes the patient to lack life skills, social skills, poor communication, slow in processing real events.
- Impact on quality of lifePeople with anxiety disorders, if they don’t control their symptoms early, often have problems in school and work. Some people, if they cannot find suitable jobs, will have difficulties in life, having to depend on the family’s finances.
- Increased risk of other psychological problems: People with anxiety disorders are also very susceptible to other psychological problems such as depression, emotional disorders, personality disorders.. Due to the pressure, stress, and anxiety of the patient if not relieved soon will gradually accumulate, pulling the patient’s spirit to the bottom of suffering. Many people have committed suicide because not receiving timely treatment is enough to answer the question of whether anxiety disorders are dangerous.
The above alone is enough to prove whether an anxiety disorder is dangerous. If you are suffering from this disease or have a loved one with the disease, you should not be subjective but need to get treatment as soon as possible to prevent the above consequences that may appear.
Is anxiety disorder curable?
Anxiety disorder is a dangerous disease, but whether it can be cured, how to treat it is also something that many people wonder about. Currently, there are two main methods used in the treatment of anxiety disorders: medication and psychotherapy. Depending on the stage, the treatment methods that the prognosis of the disease will be different.
In fact, the use of drugs is only a temporary measure to partially control the symptoms of the patient, cannot completely eliminate the disease, and it is not possible to cure the disease with medication alone. Meanwhile, psychotherapy is the main method aimed at helping patients understand their own condition, learn how to control anxiety and stress to move towards more positive things.
Anxiety disorder is a treatable disease, but it depends a lot on the patient himself. Only when the patient himself truly accepts his or her own problems, accepts to open up to share, and follows the instructions from the treating doctor, can the disease be eliminated.
Of course, the role of a doctor or therapist is still extremely important because they are like a light, a guide for the patient to return to the right path of happiness. But if the patient himself does not accept, refuses to connect, does not trust the doctor, still hides during treatment, then no method can help the patient.
Anxiety disorder is dangerous, is it curable, the answer is definitely yes. If the condition is not too serious, the patient responds well to medication, meets the right therapist, can connect spiritually, and changes to a healthier lifestyle, then the possibility of cure is very high. very high.
However, in some types of anxiety disorders, such as obsessive-compulsive disorders, patients still need maintenance treatment, it is difficult to completely eliminate the disease. On the other hand, the psychology of people with anxiety disorders is also quite weak, so if after treatment, they do not have a healthy lifestyle, know how to relax mentally, control their emotions, and eliminate negative things, the risk of relapse is high. output is still very high.
In general, to the question of whether anxiety disorders are dangerous or curable, the answer is absolutely yes, but it needs to depend on many factors, of which the patient is the most important key to unlocking it. The cellar door is locking my soul inside.
Above is some information that will hopefully help you answer the question of whether anxiety disorders are dangerous or curable. Practicing meditation every day, sharing more, changing healthy living habits is what each of us needs to do right now to minimize the risk of dangerous psychological problems such as anxiety disorders.