Hot weather, spicy food, work pressure make you uncomfortable leading to the phenomenon of heat in the body. Cooling off with drinks is a method chosen by many people and is highly effective. Then What to drink when it’s hot?? Let Ocany introduce you to some cooling drinks right in this article.
Signs of heat in the body
The manifestations of heat in the body are very clear, so it is not difficult to recognize. If you find that your body is showing these signs, you may have a heat in your body.
- Pimples, rashes, rashes
- Skin color changes
- Body temperature rises
- Eating a lot but still skinny, not gaining weight
- Bleeding tooth
- breath is smelly
Causes of heat in the body
Before coming to the question What to drink when it’s hot?, Ocany wants you to understand what causes overheating. Common reasons for body heat are:
- Add too little fiber: a low-fiber diet makes food stagnate, bacteria grow quickly and cause damage to the colon.
- Eat a lot of fat: fat is the reason leading to obesity and heat in the body. Foods high in fat increase the risk of atherosclerosis and stroke
- Drink less water: clear hot, pimples
- Inactivity: causes many diseases, including heat in the body
- Using stimulants: weakening the liver, reducing the ability to detoxify
>>> See more: 20 simple detox drinks, easy to make at home
The danger of heat in the body
Fast food, canned food, unhealthy lifestyle and prolonged stress are the main causes of hot flashes in the body. Although few people care, if this condition persists, it can lead to many serious complications such as:
- Weakens the immune system
- Causes dehydration, little urine
- Infections of the urinary tract, digestive tract and even the genitals
- Cause high fever, nosebleed
- Subcutaneous bleeding, electrolyte disturbances
- Causes convulsions, coma or neurotoxicity
Do you know what to drink when it’s hot in the body?
Many of you wonder What to drink when it’s hot?? After recognizing the signs of this condition, you can help your body “cool down” with one of the following drinks:
Squash or zucchini is a famous fruit for its great health effects, especially in dealing with heat in the body by:
- Detoxification: remove toxins, diuretic, improve liver and kidney health
- Cooling: the use that makes the name of this fruit. According to traditional medicine, squash has a cold love, so it is suitable for cooling
Pumpkin tea recipe:
- Squash: 2kg
- Arhat fruit: 4 fruit
- Chia seeds: 50g
- Squash, peeled, seeded and cut into small pieces
- Put the pre-prepared squash into the pot and boil with 2L of water, when it boils, put the han into the pot
- When the tea is boiling, turn down the heat, simmer for 1.5-2 hours, until the squash tea is dark brown
- While making the tea, steep the chia seeds for 1 hour
- Filter the tea juice along with filtered water at a ratio of 1:3. Add 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds to the squash tea
Roasted brown rice tea
Brown rice is a food that many people choose because of its great health benefits. In brown rice contains starch, protein, fat, fiber, vitamins, phytic, and micro-minerals necessary for the body.
People with diabetes, blood fat, high blood pressure are advised to drink brown rice tea every day. In particular, this tea is the “perfect” answer to the question What to drink when it’s hot??
With many vitamins, minerals and fiber, brown rice water has the ability to eliminate toxins in the body. The way to make brown rice tea is also quite simple, you can follow the following recipe:
- Brown rice: 200g
- 2L water
- Roast the brown rice until the rice turns color and has a slight aroma
- Cook the roasted brown rice with water until the rice is soft, add a little salt to enhance the flavor of the tea
- Turn off the stove, wait for the water to cool down, then filter the water
Note: Avoid using brown rice tea with diabetics. If the patient still wants to take it, ask the doctor before taking it.
Artichoke tea cooked with pandan leaves
Artichoke flowers contain many active ingredients that are good for health, especially for the liver. If you are hot in your body, you can try sipping a cup of pandan artichoke. When cooked with pandan leaves, the tea will have an aroma, promoting digestive enzymes to work effectively.
- Fresh artichoke flowers: 5 flowers
- Pandan leaves: 1 bunch
- Filtered water: 3L
- Rock sugar: 2 tablets
- Wash the ingredients, boil with filtered water for 30 minutes
- Turn off the heat and brew the tea for 6 hours, add rock sugar
- Wait for the tea to cool, then pour it into a bottle, store it in the refrigerator to use it gradually
Bitter gourd tea
Bitter melon is a fruit that is recommended by many doctors and nutritionists. Bitter melon is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants that help stabilize blood pressure, blood sugar, and reduce uric acid in the blood.
Bitter melon tea will be a great drink for the problem What to drink when it’s hot?? The recipe for making bittersweet bittersweet teas is both refreshing and delicious.
- Prepare bitter melon, slice and dry it until it turns dark
- Store dried bitter melon in a glass jar
- The way to make bitter melon tea is similar to other types of tea
Note when drinking bitter melon tea:
- Only drink 2-3 cups/day
- Restricted to people with low blood pressure, children under 2 years old
- Pregnant women should not drink too much bitter melon tea because it can cause premature birth and miscarriage
Rice milk helps to clear heat, detoxify and treat internal heat. The delicious rice milk recipe that few people know is revealed below.
- Plain rice: 300g
- Fresh milk without sugar: 2 bags
- Condensed milk coffee: 1 teaspoon
- White sugar: 100g
- Stir-roasted plain rice by hand to make the rice fragrant and yellow
- Soak roasted rice with unsweetened fresh milk for 30 minutes. Then cook the mixture until it boils
- Turn off the stove, wait for the milk to cool down, then add sugar and condensed milk. Finally filter the milk and enjoy
You can extract milk into small bottles and store in the refrigerator for later use. With this preservation method, milk can be kept for a few days but also cool and easy to drink.
Peach orange lemongrass tea
Young people will not be able to ignore peach orange lemongrass tea in the list What to drink when it’s hot?. This is a cool and delicious cooling drink that is loved by young people today. The recipe to make lemongrass peach peach tea is also very simple, you can make it yourself at home.
- Boiling water: 150ml
- Peach juice soaked: 10ml
- Sugar water: 25ml
- Pickled peaches: 2-3 slices
- Oranges: 1 fruit
- Lemongrass: 3 plants
- Peach tea bag filter: 2 packs
- Crush the lemongrass, boil the juice and remove the residue
- Use lemongrass juice to soak 2 filter bags of peach tea
- Use 1-2 slices of orange for garnish, squeeze the rest for juice
- Put 20ml of orange juice, peach juice with sugar water mixed with tea water. Place peach slices and orange garnish on top.
- Add ice cubes and a few mint leaves to spice up your lemongrass peach tea
>>> See more: What water to drink to reduce blood fat? 21 simple drinks that are easy to make
Do you know Hot in people with acne should drink what? or not? Then why don’t you try the tapioca juice. This is a very effective cooling drink but quite few people know about it.
A few common mistakes when drinking tapioca water:
- Overdose: should not take more than 1 cup/day
- Add honey: these 2 ingredients combined can create poison
- Mix with pomelo flowers: this reduces the effectiveness of tapioca flour
- Should be given to children, pregnant women must use in ripe form or mixed with boiling water to avoid abdominal pain and diarrhea
- Weak people, low blood pressure should not use tapioca flour
- Tapioca flour: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar (depending on taste)
- Kumquats: 2
- Filtered water: 100ml
- Mix tapioca flour with filtered water, add sugar and stir well
- Add kumquat juice, ice cubes and you’re done
Gotu kola juice is the next drink on the list What to drink when it’s hot?. The composition of gotu kola has zinc, iron, beta-carotene, vitamins to help prevent and treat hot conditions in the body. The recipe to make a glass of gotu kola is both cool and beautiful for the skin.
- Gotu kola: 150g
- Filtered water: 150g
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Pick the vegetables, wash them thoroughly with salt water and cut them into small pieces
- Put gotu kola in the blender, filter the pulp and get the juice
- Add a little sugar and ice for extra flavor
Corn silk juice
Corn silk is probably the most often overlooked part of eating corn. But corn silk water brings many nutrients and great benefits that you should not miss. This drink is a diuretic, cools the body and increases bile secretion.
- Corn silk: 50g
- Filtered water: 2L
- Prepared corn silk, washed and cooked with water
- Cook with low heat for 20 minutes, then turn off the heat, add sugar
Drink only 2 times a day, each time should only drink about 60ml. Take it 3-4 hours before a meal is best.
What should be avoided when getting hot in the body?
The above has brought you a list What to drink when it’s hot?. So what are the foods and drinks that people with hot flashes should avoid. Consider the following food groups before using if you are experiencing internal heat.
Avoid greasy foods
Fast food, fried, canned foods often use a lot of fat for preliminary processing. They have a delicious taste that attracts people to eat. But this is also a danger to the digestive system, especially your liver.
Avoid hot spicy foods
Many of you have a habit of eating hot and spicy foods, because they create a more appetizing feeling when eating. Although very delicious, this is a habit you need to limit. Hot spicy foods only make you feel good immediately and then lead to heat in the body. With common manifestations are acne, discomfort, stomach pain.
>>> See more: What drink is good for the stomach? 10 types of drinks that are very good for the stomach
The dishes are seasoned with too much salt and sugar
The impaired liver function is partly due to the heat in the body. And the reason for this can be from dishes seasoned with too much sugar and salt. They make the liver unable to do its job well. Therefore, gradually remove dishes such as pickles and cakes from your menu.
What should be avoided?
Besides cooling drinks, some other drinks can put pressure on the liver, making it overworked. This leads to dehydration. One of them is alcohol, carbonated soft drinks and coffee.
There are many methods to prevent overheating. Besides, do not forget to build yourself a healthy lifestyle, avoid spicy, hot, greasy foods. Hopefully with this article, Ocany has helped you know more about What to drink when it’s hot? for effective cooling and cooling of the body.
John Alen was born in 1971 and is a doctor in the healthcare and psychology fields with many years of experience. He is currently working at easyhealthylive.com, a leading health and psychology blog. Having studied at Y1 National Medical University named after IM Sechenov, John Alen is using his knowledge and experience to help improve the physical and mental health of people in the United States.