Cracked heel is a skin disease that, although not dangerous, causes discomfort when wearing shoes. This disease is common in people with dry skin and gets worse in the winter because the dry weather makes the skin dehydrated and dry. To use effective cracked heel cream, you need to ensure that your feet are always clean.
Signs that you have cracked heels are completely visible to the naked eye, such as: cracked heels, cracked heels, itching even bleeding. When the heel is bleeding, it will create conditions for bacteria to have the opportunity to enter, causing you to become infected, at this time, the disease will become dangerous. Cracked heels especially make you feel uncomfortable and difficult to walk.
1. What is the cause of cracked heels?
Cracked heels are also caused by many causes and depending on different skin types, there are completely different causes. But mainly the following reasons:
- Dry skin: Because we soak our feet in hot water for too long or the footbath is too hot. It is also possible that we use strong rubs on the heels for a long time, which will lead to cracked heels.
- Putting too much pressure on the heel: Caused by our walking for too long, hard shoes or no pads also cause heels to crack. In particular, obese people and pregnant women, the greater the pressure on the heels, the more cracked the heels.
- Causes of illness: A small number of people have medical conditions such as hypothyroidism, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and especially diabetes that can lead to cracked heels.
- There are also other objective reasons such as: Not taking care of heel hygiene properly or due to dry weather also leads to cracked heels.
2. How to take care to avoid cracked heels?
In order to prevent the heel from cracking, we can completely protect the heel from cracking by taking care of it as follows:
- Keep feet clean at all times.
- Exfoliate your feet at least once a week.
- Eat a nutritious diet, eat foods rich in vitamins A, C and foods rich in zinc and omega-3.
- Provide the necessary amount of water for the body.
- Massage your heels with body lotion before going to bed.
- Do not use harsh objects or harsh soaps on the heels.
3. How to treat cracked heels at home naturally?
3.1. How to treat cracked heels with coconut oil
Coconut oil contains vitamin E, which stimulates skin growth and connects cracked skin layers together. In addition, coconut oil also has the ability to moisturize the skin to prevent cracking and peeling.
- Soak your feet in warm salt water until your heels soften.
- Use a towel to dry and gently massage your heels with a sufficient amount of coconut oil.
- Perform 2-3 times / week, cracked heels will be improved significantly.
3.2. How to treat cracked heels with sesame oil
Sesame oil is known to be a great exfoliator and moisturizer for the skin. Helps to keep your heels naturally rosy.
- Soak your feet in warm water for about 10 minutes and pat dry.
- Apply some sesame oil on your heels and massage gently.
- Do 1-2 times/week.
3.3. How to treat cracked heels with lemon
Lemon is known to be rich in vitamin C and acid, so it has the ability to lighten skin tone and effectively exfoliate the heels. There are many ways to treat cracked heels with lemon, but the most effective and popular use by everyone is probably the lemon peel.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out all the juice, we only take the rind.
- Place your heel on the peel, then put on socks or use tape to keep the lemon peel in place. Do both sides of the heel at the same time.
- Do it before going to bed, and leave it overnight so that the ingredients of the lemon can work.
- Do this 2-3 times and you will see noticeable progress.
3.4. How to treat cracked heels with honey
Honey is a very effective remedy for all kinds of ailments. Because honey is benign, has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and especially good moisturizing properties. They also use honey to treat cracked heels as follows:
- Soak your feet in warm water for about 10 minutes until the heels soften.
- Use a stick or spoon to take an appropriate amount of honey and gently apply it on the heels.
- Just apply it evenly and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with clean warm water.
3.5. How to treat cracked heels with baking soda
Baking-soda is a product dedicated to treating cracked heels, especially effective, safe and highly moisturizing. This is done by the following steps:
- Prepare 4 liters of warm water used to dissolve 3 tablespoons of baking-soda.
- Soak your feet in this solution for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a thin towel to gently rub the cracked heel area.
- Do it for about 15-20 minutes, then rinse with clean water and dry with a towel.
- Apply extra moisturizer if available.
- Do it at least 2 times a week, your cracked heels will be completely improved.
And if you have a time constraint, a little patience and don’t want to use natural home solutions, you can look to specialized lines of medicine to treat cracked heels.
4. So which cream line to treat cracked heels is reliable?
4.1. Stanhome Reparation Cracked Heel Cream
Advantage: This is a cracked heel cream imported from France with ingredients extracted entirely from nature. Has the ability to increase moisture and restore dry skin. Exceptionally easy to use and fast effective.
Defect: The selling price of the product is quite high.
4.2. Foot Care Frail Heels Cracked Heel Cream
This is a product made in Vietnam and has herbal extracts.
Advantage: Having the ability to provide high moisture, dry cracks will be softened after only 25 minutes of use, and also has the ability to stimulate young skin to grow to keep heels rosy. This product is also known for a useful use that is effectively reducing foot sweat.
4.3. Oriss cracked heel cream
The reasons that Oriss heel crack cream is the perfect choice to protect your feet:
- 100% Natural Ingredients: understand the user’s desire for products extracted from nature to limit the impact on health. Oriss cream is a combination of proteins such as: barley, soybean, corn and jojoba oil. Has the ability to heal cracks quickly, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic in cracked skin. High moisturizing properties, prevent cracking and increase skin elasticity.
- Produced by WHO standard factory: You can confidently use Vietnamese products when Oriss ice cream is produced at a factory in Vietnam according to WHO standards. Modern production lines and a team of highly specialized technicians create quality products with absolute efficiency.
- Safe, long-lasting effect: Due to the benign ingredients, you can completely use Oriss cream for a long time without fear of causing harmful side effects.
- Low price: This is an important factor affecting the purchasing decision of many customers. Oriss ice cream with cheap price is suitable for most customers in Vietnam market.
To use effective cracked heel cream, you need to ensure that your feet are always clean. Simultaneously with the use of cream to treat cracked heels is to provide and replenish the necessary amount of water for the body. Especially for cases where you often have to wear shoes, you should choose a type that fits your feet, absolutely not wearing too tight for a long time will lead to cracked heels. Hope this information about effective and useful cracked heel cream will help you always have a rosy heel to be confident and comfortable in life.