People who exercise regularly, especially athletes, often replenish energy for the body after a period of exercise by drinking ionized water. This is considered a panacea to help improve exercise performance to make the body healthier. However, on the market today, there are many types of ionized water of unknown origin. So choose Ion supplement drinking water How is it safe and effective? Find out more details right below the article below.
The influence of ions on the body
Charged particles that are invisible in the air – molecules or charged atoms are called ions. Particles with a positive charge are called positive ions, particles with a negative charge are called negative ions. Positive ions are molecules that have lost one or more electrons while negative ions are actually oxygen atoms that have added negatively charged electrons.
However, don’t let the name fool you, in fact negative ions are beneficial to the human body while positive ions are harmful. Negative ions are often abundant in nature, especially around waterfalls, ocean surf areas, beaches, and are common in mountainous areas. Negative ions are very beneficial to the body such as:
- Harmful free radicals in the body are neutralized
- Cell metabolism is promoted
- Boost immune function
- Purify the blood
- Balances the autonomic nervous system, promotes deep sleep and healthy digestion.
The most important benefit of negative ions is to clean the air from the allergens present in it such as pollen, mold spores, bacteria and viruses. They also clean the air of dust, pet hair and cigarette smoke.
Negative ions perform this function by attracting themselves to positively charged particles in large numbers and giving them a negative charge. As a result, these viruses, bacteria and pollen spores become too heavy to survive in the air and are therefore prevented from entering your airways, where they can make you sick.
Uses of ionic supplements in sports activities
Reduce thirst and avoid water shock: When exercising and exercising a lot, the body produces a lot of sweat, causing dehydration, causing thirst. Many people often look to drinks containing stimulants such as energy drinks, carbonated soft drinks, etc. with the thought of adding energy, but actually these drinks only make you feel more thirsty, leading to continuous drinking and water shock, the body becomes heavy and difficult to continue exercising. .
Try ionic water right away because this water has a microscopic water molecule structure, 0.5 nanometers. Thanks to this structure, when ionic water is loaded into the body, water molecules easily penetrate and penetrate deep into each cell to help quench thirst quickly.
Dizziness headache relief
Timely supply of water and body fluids helps the body to exercise more endurance: According to research, if the body loses 2% of water, the ability to work will decrease by 20%, if it loses 3-5%, it will lead to to dizziness, dizziness, headache, if you lose 10% of your body, you will poison yourself and if you lose 21% of your water, it will lead to death. Being active for a long time can lead to dehydration, but water in the body exists in the form of body fluids, including water and trace minerals.
Replenish mineral water
Certainly the best drink for sports people must be water that can both rehydrate and replenish minerals and electrolytes and minerals to promptly compensate for the rate of sweating. Therefore, drinking ionized water before, during and after exercise can compensate for fluids in time, quickly reduce the expression of thirst, fatigue and maintain a balance for the body to work persistently and supple. At the same time improve your training efficiency and performance.
Support blood circulation
Stabilize the body for exercisers: In water supplemented with ions containing small water molecules, it helps to regulate body temperature more quickly than normal water molecules. The human body exists about 70% of the body’s fluid to help regulate body temperature, blood circulation, and excretion. When there is a difference between the body temperature and the ambient temperature, water will provide enough water to release the body temperature to the equilibrium level because if the temperature is above 42 degrees Celsius, people will die.
Helps lubricate muscles
Relieves complications and injuries caused by exercise: Water is considered a lubricant in the body, where it contacts the connectors, synovial sacs, membranes, etc., creating flexibility between the ends of bones and cartilage. Ionized water acts as a shock absorber for the organs that move a lot during exercise.
Strengthen the cardiovascular system
However, the process of prolonged exercise or heavy exercise for a long time will easily cause nervous disturbances because of fatigue, shortness of breath, respiratory failure, heart failure, even muscle damage. Therefore, ionized water when loaded into the body not only optimizes performance, ensures safety during exercise, but also helps the body prevent cardiovascular and many other dangerous complications during exercise. improper sports.
Middle of excess acid
Neutralize excess acid secreted during exercise: The body easily produces lactic acid, causing muscle fatigue and pain when exercising. Electrolyzed water rich in natural alkaline ions will help neutralize these acids quickly. Besides, ionized water also increases the ability to eliminate toxins through the excretory system quickly to help soothe sore muscles effectively.
Comparison between energy drinks and ionized water
Energy drinks contain caffeine, which boosts energy instantly and stimulates brain focus. Besides, in energy drinks also contains taurine. This is an amino acid that creates a feeling of euphoria and euphoria. In addition, the substances inositol and trimethylxanthine also found in energy drinks help blood and fat circulation. In short, these substances in energy drinks have the effect of increasing the speed of brain power and attention and are especially harmful to your health.
On the other hand, ionic drinking water (also known as ionized water, ionic drinking water) contains a lot of ions. K+, Ca2+, Na+, Mg2+, Cl-… are ions commonly found in ionic drinking water. In addition, the composition of ionized water also contains water and electrolytes that are good for health. Ionized drinking water also contains molecular hydrogen, hydrogen is a panacea for anti-oxidants, free radicals that are the cause of many dangerous diseases are also eliminated. Alkaline ion drinking water is really good for the health and metabolism of the human body.
So instead of drinking carbonated water or energy drinks, you can use ionized water that is both healthy and cost-effective. However, on the market today there are so many models and brands of ionized water that you wonder if it is really good. The question “Choosing safe ionized drinking water” will be answered below.
How to choose safe ionized drinking water?
Based on pH
- pH less than 5: Ionized water is strongly acidic, used to disinfect or kill bacteria.
- pH 5.5 – 6.5: Ionized water is slightly acidic, often used for skin care such as helping to balance pH and tighten pores on the skin.
- pH 7.0: This is pure filtered water, used for drinking, making milk, cooking, etc.
- pH 7.0 – 8.0: Starting from this pH or higher, the water is alkaline. This is the right concentration for those who are just starting to get used to alkaline water – Alkaline water and can be drunk for about 1 week.
- pH 8.5 – 9.0: After getting used to alkaline ionized water at pH 7.0 – 8.0, users should continue to drink alkaline ionized water with pH 8.5 – 9.5 for about 2-3 weeks.
- pH 9.0 – 9.5: This is the level of alkalinity that works best, has the ability to detoxify and bring many health benefits.
- Water with a pH greater than 10: This is water with a high pH, so it is often used to wash fruits and vegetables for the purpose of removing harmful substances to the body.
So when choosing alkaline ionized water to drink, you should look at the pH on the product packaging. You should drink water with a pH of 7.0 and then switch to alkaline ionized water with a pH of 7.0 – 8.0 to adapt to alkaline ionized water. wait a minute. After getting used to alkaline ionized water at pH 7.0 – 8.0, then switch to using water with pH 8.5 – 9.0 for about 2-3 weeks. Finally, you should use alkaline ionized water with a pH of 9.0 – 9.5: This is the level of alkalinity that works best, has the ability to detoxify and bring many health benefits.
Note when using
However, there are also some notes when using alkaline ions that you need to keep in mind:
- Everyone’s body is different, so the amount of additional ionized water is different. To know how much ionized water is right for you, you can determine the amount of water by calculating by weight through the formula: Amount of water (oz) = Weight (lbs) x 0.5, of which 0.5 kg = 1 lbs and 1 oz = 0.03 liters.
- It is not recommended to drink boiled alkaline water because alkaline water when boiled will lose all minerals and may precipitate, it will be no different from normal filtered water. Therefore, users should absolutely not boil it to keep all the beneficial minerals present in the water.
- Alkaline water can still be used normally for children, but it must be safe. Especially children under 6 months old because they are not fully developed, so parents should pay attention and let them use filtered water containing minerals that are beneficial to their health.
- Do not leave alkaline ionized water in the air for too long. Using alkaline ionized water is most effective for about 15 minutes after removing the water from the machine. Therefore, it is recommended to use an airtight bottle against UV rays when you want to bring alkaline ionized water out, to work or out.
- If the pH of alkaline ionized water is below 7, it is absolutely not recommended to drink because the water is already acidic, so it is very harmful to health.
Above is all information about ionized water and the great benefits of ionized water when playing sports. In addition, … also gives you some points to keep in mind when using ionized water in your life. Thank you for listening!
John Alen was born in 1971 and is a doctor in the healthcare and psychology fields with many years of experience. He is currently working at easyhealthylive.com, a leading health and psychology blog. Having studied at Y1 National Medical University named after IM Sechenov, John Alen is using his knowledge and experience to help improve the physical and mental health of people in the United States.