The benefits of yoga for women are not only in health but also in beauty and physique. Check out the article to know the great benefits that yoga brings to women!
Yoga is the perfect choice for improving health, youth and increasing sensuality for women. According to many health experts, yoga has a great effect on strengthening the health of the organs in the body, especially the skin.
This exercise will help you stay active, avoid aging and stay young longer. If you are still wondering about the benefits of yoga for women, let’s continue to see the sharing below of easyhealthylive.com.
Yoga – The ideal friend of women
Besides helping the body increase flexibility, strength and balance, yoga can also bring a lot of other health benefits for women such as calming anxiety, improving mood, reducing symptoms. Menopause… According to a survey by the Yoga Alliance, because of these benefits, the practice of yoga is becoming more and more popular.
About 34% of people surveyed will practice yoga in the next 12 months, of which women account for 72%. To fully understand the benefits that yoga can bring, you first need to understand what yoga is.
Yoga is a discipline that was developed more than 5,000 years ago in India. This is seen as a comprehensive system that helps people increase happiness at all levels (physical, mental and emotional).
The characteristic of this discipline is the combination of breathing, movement and the ability to meditate. When you have practiced yoga, you will see that this subject is not only a type of practice but also a philosophy, a passion and a way of life.
9 benefits of yoga for women
Here are some reasons why women should practice yoga:
1. Create flexibility for the body
Some women are afraid to practice yoga because they think their body is not flexible enough to practice this subject. However, the reality is exactly the opposite. Practicing yoga does not require flexibility.
However, if you exercise regularly, your body will become much more flexible. Specifically, some people shared that in the past, they found it difficult to touch their toes with their hands in a sitting posture. However, after a period of practicing yoga, they were able to do this easily.
2. Helps increase self-confidence in appearance
Did you know that yoga is one of the most effective ways to increase body confidence? According to many scientific studies, women who practice yoga have a higher body satisfaction index than women who only do aerobics by 20%.
In addition, when practicing yoga, your body will limit exposure to sunlight, air and agents that affect the skin compared to other outdoor sports.
3. More sexy in the eyes of the opposite sex
Yoga is a very effective way to lose weight because it can help the body burn from 180 to 360 calories per hour. During 90 minutes of practice, yoga movements will warm up the body from the inside.
Thereby, this exercise helps to eliminate toxins, reduce the amount of water stored in the body by pushing them out through sweat glands. In addition, yoga also helps to strengthen the function of the lymphatic system and other organs. Therefore, this is considered a great form of exercise.
In addition, this type of training is also a miracle drug to cure age-related problems such as a slim, less toned body. Yoga can directly affect the body, creating attractive curves for women. What’s more, regular exercise will reduce anxiety and increase awareness of your own body.
4. Effective mood improvement
Studies have shown that a lack of oxygen to the brain can negatively impact a person’s mood. Practicing yoga can help increase endorphins, improve blood circulation, and improve mood.
Stress and age are the main factors that cause a woman’s face to appear many unwanted wrinkles. Yoga exercises will help calm the mind and relieve the worries from daily life. In addition, these exercises also help stretch muscles, release excess fat, thereby effectively eliminating wrinkles.
“Completely reformed” with yoga
“Yoga has helped me overcome addiction, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder,” says Dorena Rode, a physiologist at UC Davis who has practiced yoga to improve her own mental health. in life. After realizing the great benefits that yoga brings, I spread these things to everyone by putting all my heart into teaching yoga.”
5. Improve sleep quality
One of the benefits of yoga for women’s health most especially is improved sleep quality. Insomnia is a problem that many women face. Lack of sleep causes many diseases, can lead to stress and especially, can make the beauty and skin of women fade quickly. According to the advice from experts, you should spend 10 ten minutes doing yoga before going to bed to help the body calm down and fall asleep easier.
6. Effectively reduce menopausal symptoms
The effect of yoga for women is to help alleviate menopausal symptoms such as:
- Night sweats: Yoga can help regulate blood pressure and promote blood circulation in the body
- “Flashing”: A burning sensation in the face, upper chest, and then quickly spreading to the whole body. This sensation lasts for 2 to 4 minutes and may be accompanied by sweating, occasional palpitations, and then chills.
7. Bringing many benefits to pregnant mothers
Yoga is a great way for pregnant women to prepare physically and mentally for labor and delivery. Specifically, yoga for pregnant women can bring benefits such as:
- Balance the hormones estrogen and progesterone
- Relieves tension in the lower back, hips, chest, upper back, neck and shoulders
- Nerve soothing
- Increase your love for your baby
- Increase blood circulation
8. Support for breast cancer treatment
Research shows that yoga can reduce symptoms that often occur during breast cancer treatment such as nausea, fatigue, depression and anxiety. In addition, yoga also helps regulate breathing, thereby helping to reduce feelings of anxiety and fear during treatment.
9. Help calm the soul
Meditation is one of the steps of yoga to help calm the body and mind. Just spend 10-20 minutes closing your eyes and listening to the surrounding sounds, breathing deeply and relaxing with yoga, you will easily feel the indescribable relaxation of the spirit. Surely, the practitioner will get rid of all worries, sorrows or problems in the heart.
10 simple and best yoga poses for women
Here are 10 very good yoga poses for women that you can try:
1. Butterfly Pose
The butterfly pose helps to relax the abdomen and hips, increase the mobility of the hip joints and stabilize the menstrual cycle.
- Sit up straight, legs folded, soles touching
- 2 hands grab 2 feet, knees straight to the sides, try to touch the floor
- Keep your neck and back straight, you can lean against the wall if you are not used to it. Hold the pose for 1-3 minutes.
2. Twisting posture
This pose relaxes the back, improves digestion, and reduces belly fat.
- Sit with your legs crossed, knees touching the soles of your feet, back straight.
- Twist to the left, bring your left hand behind your back, and at the same time place your right hand on your left knee. Breathe for 20 seconds and then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat with the other side. Done in 2 minutes.
3. Pose with feet on the wall
Pose with feet on the wall helps to relax shoulders and abdomen, increase blood circulation, reduce leg swelling, stimulate the digestive system, reduce fatigue.
- Lie on your back, raise your legs to the wall, straighten them, and extend your arms to the side.
- Relax, breathe slowly, and at the same time relax so that your shoulder blades touch the floor for 3-5 minutes.
4. Hero Pose
Stretching the hip muscles and the muscles between the legs, improving the mobility of the hip joints, reducing abdominal pain during menstruation are the benefits of doing this hero pose.
- Start in a kneeling position, slowly lower your buttocks, place between your heels, palms facing each other in front of your chest like a prayer position.
- Neck and back straight, breathe deeply. Hold the pose for 1 minute.
5. Extended Legs Pose
This pose offers benefits such as relieving back pain, stimulating blood circulation in the pelvis, improving ovarian function, regulating menstrual cycles, and preventing stretch marks.
- Sit with your back straight and spread your legs as wide as possible.
- As you inhale, raise your arms; As you exhale, lean forward as low as possible, but at the same time keep your back straight.
- Repeat the movement 8-10 times for 1 minute.
6. Baby Pose
Relaxing the lower back and neck, stimulating blood circulation in the small pelvis area are beneficial when practicing baby pose.
- Kneel on the exercise mat, butt on heels, knees to the sides.
- Bend forward so that the chest touches the thighs, arms stretched forward as far as possible, forehead touching the mat.
- Hold the pose for 1 minute.
7. Downward-Facing Dog Pose
This pose increases brain cell stimulation, stretches the hips, makes the face rosy, reduces stretch marks and neck spasms.
- Stand straight, feet wide apart, bend hands on the floor as far forward as possible, fingers spread wide.
- Raise your butt high, keeping your arms and legs straight. Focus your body weight on your feet, trying to touch your heels to the floor. Keep your legs and back straight.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds, repeat 2 times.
8. Dancer Pose
Dancer pose improves posture, kidney function and boosts metabolism.
- Stand up straight, slowly raise your right leg back, bend your knee, and grab your ankle with your right hand.
- Slowly lean forward, left hand raised.
- Hold the position for 30-40 seconds and then return to the original position, repeat with the other leg.
9. Bridge Pose
The bridge pose has the benefits of eliminating back pain, strengthening abs, reducing waist fat, and improving digestion.
- Lie on your back, knees bent, feet shoulder width apart, arms extended straight and grasping ankles.
- Lift your hips and arch your back, without lifting your shoulders, neck, or head off the floor. Hold the pose for 1 minute.
10. Relaxing pose
This pose helps relax muscles, mood, stimulates blood circulation in the pelvis.
- Lie on your back, legs bent, knees open, soles of feet facing each other, arms outstretched.
- Relax completely for 3 minutes.
Yoga brings a lot of great benefits to women, from preserving youth to improving physique. However, to get the best results and get the benefits of yoga, you need to do the right moves.
If you are a beginner and do not have time to attend classes, think immediately about inviting a home yoga teacher through the easyhealthylive.com app.
8 Reasons Women Should Practice Yoga https://www.womenshealthct.com/your-health/recent-health-topics/8-reasons-women-should-practice-yoga Accessed: 11/2/2020
10 Simple Asanas That Are Specific for Women’s Health https://brightside.me/inspiration-health/10-simple-asanas-that-are-good-specifically-for-womens-health-767810/ Accessed: 11/ February 2020
The Best Yoga for Women https://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/a19904382/yoga-for-women/ Accessed date: 11/2/2020
John Alen was born in 1971 and is a doctor in the healthcare and psychology fields with many years of experience. He is currently working at easyhealthylive.com, a leading health and psychology blog. Having studied at Y1 National Medical University named after IM Sechenov, John Alen is using his knowledge and experience to help improve the physical and mental health of people in the United States.