Which height increase yoga exercise really works for you? If you still have not found a method to improve height, let’s immediately discover useful information in this article.
How does yoga help increase your height?
Yoga is an ancient practice that originated in India more than 5,000 years ago. In particular, some exercises from this subject have the ability to improve height very effectively for both children and adults.
Yoga poses to increase height will help stretch each area of the body
According to Dr Anju Sood, a nutritionist based in Bangalore, “Some yoga poses are really good for improving blood circulation, stimulating growth hormone, relieving stress on the spine. and help increase height”. So how does yoga help improve your height?
Strengthens the back and spine
Some yoga poses (mountain pose, sitting forward bend…) help increase height through the ability to improve flexibility for the back and spine for the practitioner. Not only that, when performing appropriate height-increasing yoga exercises, the bone tissue stretches will help your physique look taller.
In particular, this type of exercise also increases blood circulation, helping to eliminate toxins from internal organs. From there, the amount of fluid around the spinal discs will also increase, helping the spine work more supple.
Stimulates the body to release growth hormone
Everyone’s body contains a certain amount of growth hormone. Many people think that growth hormone stops working after puberty. However, according to reality, these hormones can still be activated to help you grow 1-2cm taller, especially before the age of 25.
Yoga is one of the effective and safe ways to increase height
6 yoga exercises to increase height quickly
Human height depends on many factors, such as genetics, living conditions and nutrition. However, few people think that certain exercises can help increase height.
Do you believe? Why not test it for yourself by persistently practicing 6 yoga exercises to increase height below:
1. Mountain Pose (tadasana)
The mountain is the simplest but also the most important pose for yoga beginners. As for the height increase, this exercise works to stretch all the muscles from head to toe, thereby putting pressure on other body parts and facilitating the production of growth hormone.
- Step 1: Stand straight on the mat, feet close together, feet hip-width apart to maintain alignment of hip, knee and ankle joints.
- Step 2: Extend your arms along your body, palms facing thighs and fingers pointing to the ground.
- Step 3: Inhale, raise your hands up and parallel to each other. At the same time, slowly tiptoe up, stretching your body as much as possible but trying to keep your legs and arms straight.
- Step 4: Hold the pose for 20-30 seconds and then return to the original position.
2. Tree Pose
The tree pose is quite simple but has a very good effect of increasing height. When you fold one leg and place it on the other thigh, your entire body weight will be on the foot that is touching the ground. This helps to tone the entire muscle. At the same time, when you raise your arms overhead, muscle tissue and bone will be activated. Over time, they are stretched to improve body length.
- Step 1: Stand up straight on the mat, arms along the sides of the body. Breathe normally.
- Step 2: Using the left foot as a pillar, bend the right leg and place the right foot on the inner thigh of the left leg.
- Step 3: Balance with your left foot and raise your arms above your head. Clasp your hands together, straighten your muscles for a few seconds.
- Step 4: Breathe gently and then return to the original position. Then repeat with the other leg.
3. Shoulder Stand
When standing on the shoulder, the entire body weight will be on the shoulders, and this weight will also put pressure directly on the pituitary gland to stimulate the production of growth hormone.
- Step 1: Lie on your back on the mat, palms facing the floor and along the body
- Step 2: Slowly raise your legs, buttocks and back straight up, using your hands as support for your back.
- Step 3: Keep your legs and spine straight so that the weight is on your shoulders and arms.
- Step 4: If you feel neck pain or tension, relax, return your body to a resting state. If not, hold that position for about 15-30 seconds and then breathe steadily.
4. Camel Pose
The camel pose is not suitable for people with blood pressure problems or a history of back injury. This is because this position causes you to bend both your body and neck back to activate the pituitary gland to produce growth hormone.
- Step 1: Kneel on the yoga mat
- Step 2: Slowly lean back, trying to catch the soles of your feet with both hands. At the same time, bring your neck down to touch the floor. If you still can’t do it, just lower your neck and body as far as possible to stop.
- Step 3: Hold the pose for a few seconds, breathe steadily and then slowly return to the original position.
5. Sitting forward bend posture
Sitting forward bending puts a lot of pressure on the neck and hamstrings. People with herniated discs or sciatica should not practice this pose while practicing yoga at home. Because this is an exercise that can easily cause you to get injured again without the detailed guidance of a yoga teacher.
- Step 1: Sit up straight, straighten your legs in front of you
- Step 2: Exhale, bend forward. 2 hands touching the tips of the toes
- Step 3: Keeping your back straight, try to lower your head to rest your head on your knees.
- Step 4: During this exercise, keep your breathing normal and avoid bending your knees.
6. Bow Pose
This pose requires you to stretch the muscles and combine the dexterity of the hands, feet, spine to perform. Although it is difficult, every day you only spend 6 minutes/day to practice and you will immediately have the desired height.
- Step 1: Lie on your stomach, arms extended close to the body, legs closed.
- Step 2: Simultaneously bring your hands behind you and bring your legs up so that your hands can grasp your ankles.
- Step 3: Use tension to stretch the whole body, raise your head high, and at the same time breathe in and out regularly for 10 seconds.
7. Cobra Pose
This pose is quite simple, does not take much strength but can bring a very good height increase effect. The reason is that the cobra pose will maximize the length of the spine so that your skeleton changes and increases a few centimeters.
- Step 1: Lie on your stomach, legs closed, insteps facing the floor. Close your elbows and place your hands on the mat. Forehead touches the floor lightly and shoulders relax.
- Step 2: Inhale, put your body weight on your palms, put your hands on the floor, arch your back, lift your chest and turn your head back, looking up at the ceiling. Once maxed out, hold your breath for 8 seconds.
- Step 3: Exhale, slowly lower your front body and head to the floor.
Combine the right nutrition
Regular exercise will help you increase your height, but if combined with a balanced diet and rest habits, it will bring the best effect.
To grow taller quickly and effectively, your nutrition should be complete and reasonable. This is to provide enough of the body’s needs, thereby helping the bones to grow strong and long.
The important group of nutrients that you need to supplement are protein, fat, starch, vitamins and minerals. You can supplement these nutrients through foods such as eggs, milk, seafood, nuts, green vegetables, fruits.
Your diet should be complete and reasonable
Moreover, you should make sure you get enough sleep every day, at least 7-8 hours every night to increase height. Because during night sleep, the pituitary gland will secrete a lot of growth hormone to support you to improve your height effectively and quickly.
Therefore, you should go to bed before 10 pm to get the best effect in increasing height from this daily resting routine.
No matter what age you are, yoga always brings a lot of benefits to your health. In particular, yoga exercises to increase height are always one of the outstanding advantages that help this subject score points in the hearts of many people. For the above exercises to be most effective, you should regularly practice yoga, and combine with appropriate nutrition.
6 Most Effective Yoga Poses to Increase Height https://food.ndtv.com/health/yoga-to-increase-height-6-posses-that-may-help-1420331 Accessed: September 28, 2020
The link between yoga and height increase https://oklahoman.com/article/5465680/the-link-between-yoga-and-height-increase Accessed: September 28, 2020
John Alen was born in 1971 and is a doctor in the healthcare and psychology fields with many years of experience. He is currently working at easyhealthylive.com, a leading health and psychology blog. Having studied at Y1 National Medical University named after IM Sechenov, John Alen is using his knowledge and experience to help improve the physical and mental health of people in the United States.