In yoga, there are many breathing exercises that are good for pregnant women. If you exercise regularly, you will easily get through 9 months of pregnancy and even labor.
Breathing is a natural human instinct that most of us barely notice. The consequence of this is that we breathe instinctively and mostly shallowly. Meanwhile, for pregnant women, deep breathing brings many health benefits.
Therefore, during the 9 months of pregnancy, pregnant women should spend a little time each day doing some breathing exercises to train their ability to breathe deeply to easily get through the hard and hard labor process.
4 breathing exercises bring many health benefits for pregnant women
In yoga, there are many healthy breathing exercises, however, for pregnant women, not all exercises are suitable. Therefore, it is best to consult a doctor before practicing as well as find a professional yoga teacher for instructions on exactly how to do it.
Besides, in the beginning of pregnancy, you may find these exercises quite simple, but as your baby grows, your uterus begins to enlarge, you will find these exercises gradually become difficult. . Therefore, try these exercises today:
1. Belly breathing
This is the breathing technique that serves as the foundation for an effective session in yoga, pilates, and tai chi. This breathing exercise will help expand your lungs and make you take in more air. In addition, it also works to help pregnant women strengthen abdominal muscles:
- Lie on your back on the mat, with your back flat on the floor, knees bent or you can stand. In the later stages of pregnancy, try lying on your side and using a mattress for comfort.
- Place your right hand on your stomach and your left hand on your chest
- Inhale through the nose.
- You feel as if your stomach is pushing your hand up
- The chest remains the same
- Exhale and feel your belly fall.
2. Breathe count
Counting breaths relaxes the body and mind, and is also very beneficial for labor. To do this, you should:
- Lie on your back on the mat. If you feel uncomfortable, you can use an exercise ball to rest your feet
- Place one hand on your stomach while the other is on your chest
- Breathe deeply and count to five.
- Hold your breath and count to eight
- On the 9th count, slowly exhale
- Try to push all the air out of your lungs as you exhale. At the same time, try to relax your body.
In yoga, there are many healthy breathing exercises, however, for pregnant women, not all exercises are suitable.
3. Rolling breathing
This breathing exercise gives you the opportunity to use your lungs to the optimum capacity that comes with breathing regulation. This is a very special breathing exercise to create great relaxation for sore muscles. To do this, you should:
- Start like a belly breathing exercise: lie on your back on the mat, one hand on your stomach and the other on your chest
- Bend your knees and start breathing deeply 8-10 times
- If you pay attention, you will notice that your chest and abdomen begin to undulate like a rolling wave.
3. Ujjayi breathing exercise
Ujjayi breathing exercise is a deep breathing technique in pregnancy yoga that is very beneficial for pregnancy. With this exercise, the energy level in the body will be maximized, so this exercise is very beneficial for labor. To do this, you should:
- Inhale and exhale through your nose, while pursed your lips
- When you inhale it will make a soft hissing sound
- Exhale slowly and squeeze gently at the back of the throat
5 benefits pregnant women will receive when practicing breathing exercises regularly
During pregnancy, practicing breathing exercises will be very good for the health of both mother and baby.
- As your baby grows in the womb, your body will need more oxygen to function as well as it can. In addition, your baby will also need a huge amount of oxygen to grow properly. Shallow breathing will not provide ample oxygen. Therefore, practicing these breathing exercises regularly is a way to provide the necessary oxygen for both you and your baby.
- Practicing breathing exercises during pregnancy is also a great way to reduce stress and anxiety. These are psychological symptoms that are quite common in pregnant women and if left untreated, these can have a negative impact on pregnancy.
- When you breathe deeply, you will provide your body with more oxygen. This will help relieve joint and muscle pain.
- The process of labor and delivery is an obsession for most pregnant women. If you practice breathing exercises regularly, you will easily overcome this “battle” without taking too much effort. Because these exercises can help you better control labor pain.
- Most importantly, these exercises will help you fully enjoy the wonderful magic of childbirth.
When you breathe deeply, you will provide your body with more oxygen. This will help relieve joint and muscle pain.
Although these breathing exercises have been shown to be beneficial for pregnant women, before doing them, you should still consult your doctor. In addition, you should also find yourself a professional teacher to be guided to perform the correct movements.
5 Amazing Benefits Of Doing Breathing Exercises During Pregnancy https://www.momjunction.com/articles/benefits-of-doing-breathing-exercises-during-pregnancy Accessed: 7/5/2020
John Alen was born in 1971 and is a doctor in the healthcare and psychology fields with many years of experience. He is currently working at easyhealthylive.com, a leading health and psychology blog. Having studied at Y1 National Medical University named after IM Sechenov, John Alen is using his knowledge and experience to help improve the physical and mental health of people in the United States.